Monday, October 29, 2012

Big Girl Bed!!!

I have to share an awesome story. Over the past few days I have been searching for a used twin size bed for Lauren. I have spent a lot of time looking over many websites and daily trying not to miss out on any of them. I have even waited and received e-mails from some of the ones I have responded to in my search. Unexpectedly I was getting ready for the day and I had a knock at the door, I thought for sure it was the mail lady and when I looked outside I saw no car. I quickly got ready and went and opened my front door. It was our next door neighbor. I was surprised to see her because we have only waved briefly and smiled at one another. She said she was off for the day and wondered if I knew if anyone was looking for a twin size bed, her daughter has gone off to college and she was giving away the whole thing, mattress, box spring, sheets, comforter the whole nine yards. I got the biggest grin on my face and told her how I have been on the computer for the past 3 days looking for one for my daughter Lauren. She reached over and gave me a great big hug and was so thrilled, but I really think I was more thrilled. I kept debating on what to do because of Christmas approaching, but was hoping for a good deal. God had another plan and answered a very simple prayer. We were given such a blessing the bed is beautiful and exactly what I was looking for, the mattress and box spring are like brand new and all the bedding worked perfect. I hope to in the future get her a comforter that is a little more for a little girl, only because they grow up so fast, but I am beyond excited and blessed with what God has provided for us. I couldn't wait for my husband to get home to share with him how God worked all of this out, even when it is as simple as a bed, God can and will still provide.
Here it is!!!

Her beautiful bed all set up

All her stuffed animals



Beautiful maple wood headboard

Lauren in her "Big Girl" bed for the first night :'(

2 comments:

Nikki said...

What a blessing.

Unknown said...

Wow Duska...God worked that out perfectly. What a blessing!!!
What a big girl Lauren! Love u!